The Batemans Bay bridge is well underway, and now finally the Nelligen Bridge is starting construction too. Baycoast Electrical & Control Solutions have recently been given the opportunity to provide Level 2 Power to the Nelligen Bridge Project for Seymour Whyte Constructions.
Baycoast will assist Seymour Whyte with determining past maintenance procedures and diagnosing current maintenance approaches in the hopes of predicting future changes of the Nelligen Bridge’s construction across the network.
The Nelligen Bridge is one of the most vital infrastructures on the Kings Highway in NSW. With the new replacement project, the NSW government hopes to provide better and more reliable trips for people, business and freight. In addition, the Nelligen Bridge will improve safety for motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists.
The $148 million replacement project is funded by the NSW government. It will provide a new two lane bridge over the Clyde River, and upgrades to about 1.4km of the Kings Highway. Another objective for the upcoming project is to improve the bridge’s design around the foreshore of the Clyde River.
The new bridge is expected to open traffic by late 2023, weather permitting. The replacement project will be complete by late 2024.
Please observe the following updates:
- Standard works hours will be:
- 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- 8am to 1pm on Saturday
- There will be changes to traffic conditions during construction to ensure work areas are safe. Please keep to speed limits and follow the direction of traffic controllers and signs.
- There will be changes to marine traffic conditions during construction. Clyde River access will be maintained however river users are encouraged to exercise caution when navigating through the site.
- There will be some noise associated with this work and we will make every effort to minimise noise such as turning off machinery when not in use and scheduling noisier activities during the day.