Several connection problems may arise when hazardous electrical installations or changes of property take place. And as a result, various line disconnections and reconnections occur. Bay Coast Electrical and Control Solutions provides a professional and quality service and can help you with point of attachment electrical services.
What is a Point of Attachment?
The Point of Attachment is the first point of electricity supply, where an overhead service cable coming from a street’s network connects to the property.
This connection is the midpoint that runs from the street’s network to a roof apex, private power pole, fascia board or switchboard. The point of attachment lets the power flow from the primary electricity network to the property’s power supply.
To put it in simpler terms, the point of attachment is a midpoint junction box. The cables coming from this connection point lead to the 80 amp service fuses, called consumer mains, then to the retailer electricity meters inside the meter box.
Types of Point of Attachment
Here are the following point of attachment examples:
Older types of backlit junction box located on the fascia board.
Point of attachment mounted on a bracket or riser
Point of attachment secured by insulator porcelain cups
DEFECTS OF POINT OF ATTACHMENT
- Underground electricity supply is like an overhead supply to convey electricity from the street to the property. It can become faulty because of deterioration. Deterioration may seem like a minor problem, but it may create some significant damages or even death if left unattended.
- Possible dangers range from power outages to fires may take place. Causes may include arc and spark caused by a short circuit between cables of different potentials.
- Arc and spark can be a result of sagging cables as well, affected by strong winds. Dangling cables caused by strong winds could loosen the cable connection integrity and cause serious fatality if the neutral lines lose connection in three (3) phases of electricity.
- When these neutral connections loosen or disconnect at the point of attachment, all of their metal parts become live.
- The refrigerator, stove, swimming pool, and even the taps can be affected. Because of this, you may experience stings when you’re taking a shower. Dimming lights when power points are in use is another sign of loosening connection of point of attachment.
- Understanding the possible dangers caused by the point of attachment defects is essential, especially in wet conditions. At Baycoast Electrical and Control Solutions, your safety is our priority. We can arrange a free consultation with a level two (2) electrician to discuss what precautions you should apply until they come to your help.
- Baycoast Electrical and Control Solutions have the most qualified electricians
- Our Level 2 electricians have public liability coverage and professional indemnity insurance
- We are proudly servicing Batemans Bay, NSW and the surrounding suburbs
- We are offering flexible payment options – we accept all major cards
- We leave the area as clean as we found it
- All of our services comply with Australian Standard AS 3786-1993
- Quality guaranteed for your total satisfaction
If you experience any of the above, you can count on Baycoast Electrical and Control Solutions. We provide professional and quality services to our clients in Batemans Bay, NSW. We will never leave you unattended.
Assisting You For Any Point of Attachment Electrical Services
We will have one of our 24-hour emergency level two (2) electricians come to your service and replace the affected or damaged parts within a short while. We will then restore your power immediately on the same day.